I should probably begin by letting you know that I got $50 in book money for Christmas from my wonderful mother-in-law. She’s just amazing. You know how people sometimes tell these horror stories about nasty MIL’s? Nope, not me. She’s wonderful.
Anyway, buy the end of January I had spent all of that money. But using money like that is allowed under the terms of the challenge. I did buy one book outside of that money, but it’s more of a business book, so I didn’t really count it. I know, I know. But I needed it. Well, not really. But I think of this challenge more as not buying anymore fiction. Regardless, I don’t plan to cheat again. We’ll see what happens.
On a more positive note, I have read quite a few books from my own shelves:
- Unlaced by the Outlaw by Michelle Willingham
- Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Love Me Back by Merritt Tierce
- Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
- Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor
- Magellan’s Shadow by Barbara Booth Hemphill
- Abducted by T.R. Ragan
- Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott
- Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson
Granted, I haven’t written reviews for most of these (I’ve linked to them if I have, otherwise I’ve linked to Amazon), but I’ve read them. That counts for something, right?